Saturday, November 17, 2012

Family Trees: thread spool garland ? Salley Mavor

I?ve just about finished decorating the Pocketful of Posies?tree for?Family Trees: A Celebration of Children?s Literature?at the?Concord Museum. Early Monday morning, I?m driving?everything?up to Concord, the day after my Open Studio, which you can find out about here. I have to remove my decorations and take the tree apart on Sunday night and reassemble it again in the museum. There will be over 30 trees set up around the museum, all representing different children?s books. All of the trees, except for mine and another?illustrator?s,? are being decorated by museum?volunteers,?who have been preparing for months. ?So the museum will be swarming with industrious volunteers. They?ve promised lunch for us all!

My tree is dotted with little vignettes ?that serve as stages for the nursery rhyme doll characters. I added a garland strung with old wooden thread spools and beads. I used some J&P Coats and Star brand cotton thread that my?grandmother?had about 50 years ago. To?supplement my supply, I bought some empty wooden spools and wound them with yarn.

Hung in loops on the tree, the spool garland breaks up the space, almost like doodles in a notebook.

Also, please visit my new Facebook page, which you can get to by clicking the orange ?F? button in the right hand column of the blog?s home page.

Source: http://weefolkstudio.com/2012/11/16/family-trees-thread-spool-garland/

alabama football danielle fishel dow jones Bbc News Selena Gomez ariel winter Paige Butcher

No comments:

Post a Comment